Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: what to use to attach hose to oil separator

  1. #1
    Inactive Member hybrid-t's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 10th, 2000
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, What do you use to connect a hose to the oil separator that goes to the catch can?? thanks.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 00ITR006's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2000
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i used a pcv drilled out...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A white plastic elbow with threads on the side that goes into the box and the proper size nipple on the other end.

    Find the sliding shelves of weirdo fastners at home depot and start looking. Bring a PCV valve with you for comparison.

    Greg

  4. #4
    Inactive Member nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have to say that the catch can was the biggest waste of a 100 bucks I've seen since I started modding my car. I setup the Moroso can to exhaust from the crank case, and the hoses havent even discolored which makes me wonder how much oil is being removed. It certainly didnt improve my performance any, and I still lose oil somewhere... It doesnt leak, and I never see any smoke in the exhaust so I have no idea where it goes, but it sure goes somewhere. A quart a month- I assumed it was vaporizing and getting sucked into the intake but apparently that isnt the case.

    At any rate, the catch can was a waste for me. Like most things I'm sure this varies from person to person and car to car.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member waveoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 1999
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Pull off the oil separator on the back of your engine. You'll probably get a bunch of oil out of there.

    ------------------
    Fred G.
    '97 Civic EX supercharged http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/track/4059
    Beech 1900D driver...2,558 shp, 10,000+ ft./lbs. tq., top speed 331 mph

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •